Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Junonia by Kevin Henkes

While on a date with Drew for our anniversary, we went to Barnes and Noble. While there we were looking for books/ workbooks for Emma's first grade year. As we were walking around I noticed a familiar item on the front of a book. 2 months ago I probably wouldn't have taken a second look but after our recent trip that included Sanibel island, shell capitol of the world, we did some learning about shells. On Sanibel island there are 3 shells to be known as the elite 3. The most elite of those 3 is called the junonia shell. This book is called Junonia, by Kevin Henkes. I picked it up wondering if it was about Sanibel island. As I was looking at the cover I told Drew that if it was about Sanibel that we would be buying it right there and then, so I skimmed threw and found the words Sanibel Island. :) after Drew made sure that we couldnt buy it for less online, we bought it. I started reading it last night with Emma and we continued today. 2 chapters in and I think it's cute, as well as its keeping Emma's attention and teaching her the names of other shells. Score!

No comments:

Post a Comment