Thursday, September 6, 2012

Perks of Homeschooling


     One of the perks that I have found in homeschooling is that you don't always have to be sitting at a desk or table in order for them to be learning and to be able to count it towards homeschooling. We recently had a long stay with both my family and Drew's family (another perk). During that time, the kids played with cousins (Phys ed), listened to audio books in the car (Reading), used the pool (Phys ed), walked to the ice cream shop (Phys ed) and other random things that count toward their learning. That being said, we do still do sit down work. 

     Yesterday, Drew had Emma write her spelling list of 10 words 5 times each. At the end, she knew them, even if they were upside down. Now I have compiled 20 lists of 10 words each. View lists here. These lists were compiled from flashcards and various websites. They have been made to have a variety of difficulty within the list. I'm sure there are many more words that I could be adding, but I guess I'll get to that if we run out before the end of this school year. Do you have any resources that have great spelling word lists? If so, please share in the comments below. Since we have been home for the past week, things have been falling into place and I have been enjoying homeschooling Emma. Now that we have gone through reporting to the school district, some of my worries about homeschooling are dissipating and my nerves are calming. 



Box that holds Emma's work that we will be using for the portfolio.

I taped the spelling lists under the lid to her box so that it is easy to reference. 


Emma's first written quiz ever. 100% :)

No comments:

Post a Comment